The stage is set for the 1st match of the four-Test Border-Gavaskar Trophy, scheduled to be played between India and Australia from February 9-13, 2023, at the VCA’s Jamtha Stadium in Nagpur. The Jamtha Stadium had last hosted a Test match in November 2017 against Sri Lanka.
The Australian team, which featured in a T20 International here in September last year, will be playing only their second Test match at this venue. Australia, of course, had played the inaugural Test at the Jamtha Stadium in 2008.
All arrangements are in place to successfully stage this match.
The two teams are already in Orange City. The Indian squad, which assembled in Nagpur on February 2, had two extensive practice sessions at VCA’s stadium in Civil Lines, while on Monday, the Rohit Sharma-led side had a nets session at the Jamtha Stadium.
The Australian team arrived in the city from Bengaluru on Monday after holding a rigorous four-day conditioning camp in Alur. Both teams are scheduled to practice at the Jamtha Stadium over the next two days to tune up for the opening encounter.
The Indian and the Australian teams, as well as all match officials, will be staying at Hotel Radisson Blu.
Mr Paresh Sutane is the Local Liaison Officer for the Indian team while Mr Shirish Joshi is the Local Liaison Officer for the Australian team.
The Match Officials are as follows:
Match Referee: Mr Andrew Pycroft
On-field Umpires: Mr Nitin Menon & Mr Richard Illingworth
3rd Umpire: Mr Michael Gough
4th Umpire: Mr K.N. Ananthpadmanabhan
The match timings are (all match days):
First Session – 09:30 am to 11:30 am
Lunch Break - 11:30 am to 12:10 pm
Second Session - 12:10 pm to 02:10 pm
Tea Break – 02:10 pm to 02:30 pm
Last Session - 02:30 pm to 04:30 pm
REDEMPTION CENTRE FOR ONLINE TICKETS AT NAGPUR
The redemption centre for online ticket buyers will be located at the Bilimoria Pavilion, Civil Lines, Nagpur.
Kindly note that there will be NO ticket redemption centre at Jamtha T-Point. Spectators are requested redeem their on-line tickets well before the start of the match in order to avoid last-minute rush and hassles.
Tickets can be redeemed between 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM every day (including match days).
GUIDELINES FOR SPECTATORS
VCA officials are coordinating with the city Police authorities to ensure foolproof security arrangements for the match.
GATES WILL BE OPENED TO PUBLIC AT 7:30 AM
Spectators are requested to strictly follow the instructions printed on the reverse of the tickets.
The VCA appeals to the spectators to:
1. Strictly follow Government guidelines pertaining to the COVID-19 protocols.
2. Witness and enjoy the game and refrain from unruly behaviour.
3. Occupy seats as per their ticket number.
4. Not pass any racist comments on players or fellow-spectators.
5. Not carry items like selfie sticks, mobile chargers, cameras, lighters, match boxes, cigarettes, helmets, food packets, alcoholic beverages, water bottles (free drinking water will be available) or any other item mentioned on the reverse of the tickets.
6. Note that they are liable to be frisked for security reasons.
7. Note that children of age 2 years and above will be required to purchase a ticket.
8. Avail free of cost parking arrangements that have been made by the VCA near the stadium.
9. Share rides on vehicles for smooth flow of traffic.
10. Note that VCA will not be responsible for safe-keep of any item not allowed inside the stadium by the Security /Police.